Release courtesy of Aurora University athletics communications
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. --- For the third consecutive season, the Aurora University women's volleyball team played in the NCAA Division III Regional Tournament with the Spartans taking on Ohio Northern University at Calvin University on Thursday afternoon. AU dropped the match 3-0 to end another successful season.
FINAL SCORE: #4 Ohio Northern University 3, #5 Aurora University 0 (20-25, 15-25, 20-25)
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, Michigan - Calvin University
RECORDS: Aurora University 23-11; Ohio Northern University 27-5
FOR THE SPARTANS
- Sydnei Avery had 14 kills.
- Miranda Cada had 37 assists and eight digs.
- Imani Freeman had 10 kills.
- Julia Wood had 22 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- AU went back and forth with Polar Bears in the opening set but a late ONU run led to a 25-20 AU set loss.
- The second set opened up with AU falling behind 6-1 as ONU went on to a 25-15 set win.
- In the third set, AU found themselves trailing 11-7 before Head Coach James Seitelman called a timeout. The Spartans battled but would fall to ONU 25-20.